Thursday, August 8, 2013
The Towering Inferno
So there is no one there but you (almost). Here is advice from a frequent visitor:
1. Dress appropriately. Keep your shirt on, use sunscreen, wear a hat.
2. Bring 3 times the fluids you would normally take on a hike, and drain one of those bottles every 30 minutes. I also bring a snack.
3. Take your time. Stop for a rest in the shade. While you are resting, appreciate the silence.
4. Sunrise and sunset are the best times to visit.
5. Look for interesting animals. I have had some closeup views of foxes, active just before sunset.
6. E Rock is perennially short of water. Bring your own!
7. No one reading this blog would litter, but whenever you find trash on the trails, pick it up!
E Rock is a very popular place - visit when there are fewer people for a genuinely different experience.
at 7:01 PM